Phase 2 - Zakaria Masjid Development
STAGE 2 – FINAL CONSULTATION PERIOD
01/04/2023 – 30/04/2023
Assalamu Aliakum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,
We hope this message finds you in good health and high spirits.We are pleased to report that with your generous donations and unwavering support, the Zakaria Education Centre was successfully built and inaugurated in September 2019. We express our gratitude to all those who contributed to this accomplishment.
Now, we would like to draw your attention to the second phase of our project: the re-modelling of the Masjid building. It has been over 30 years since the opening of our Masjid, and as our community continues to evolve, we need to improve and expand our facilities to cater to the growing needs and changes.
Our aim is to enhance the existing Masjid building to create a facility that is suitable for the next 30 years, Insha’Allah. The proposed improvements showcase the type of all-encompassing facility we can create within the current footprint of the building without having to demolish it, with only a few extensions.
Based on the feedback received from the previous community consultation, the architects have designed the project brief, taking into account various views and factors, including safety, safeguarding, segregation, and flow.
Some of the key points that we have identified as priorities are:
- A larger, brighter, and airy Jamaat Khana
- An adaptable space for Sunnah’s and Taleem
- Better flow within the building, especially when multiple events are happening simultaneously
- Extension of the Madrasah provision beyond the age of 13
- Provision of higher Islamic education
- Improved provision for Bayans, visiting Jamaats, and guests
- Improved bereavement facilities, including Ta’ziyat for males and females
- Segregated women’s prayer facility for travellers and visitors
- Additional classes, activities, and courses that run throughout the day
Accommodating everyone’s expectations was challenging, however reddit fake rolex air king we have endeavoured to produce a scheme that is balanced and practical. We believe that the proposed design takes into account the various views that have been expressed and we urge you to review the proposed changes and provide constructive feedback by filling out the questionnaire provided.
We look forward to your continued support and contributions towards the success of this project.
Please find below a form you can complete to share your ideas for the Masjid Development.
The deadline for the ‘Final Consultation Period’ is Sunday 30th April 2023 – 12pm!
Phase 2 Final Consultation- Masjid Development Ideas Form